Hartley Trailer-Sailers

  • Kurt P. Herzog
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      Nels wrote:

      >>there were a series of trailer sailers from NZ that
      >>used water ballest and named "Hartley Trailer Sailers"
      >>Do you recall those designs. They were multi chine
      >>stitch and glue constrution as well.

      The Hartleys are indeed multi-chine, but not stitch &
      glue.. they have solid frames and chine logs. They
      are also not water-ballasted. I built their 14'
      Trailer-Sailer many years ago as a first-time project.
      It turned out to be a great boat.. had it over 30 years
      and finally sold it this fall to make way for a new
      project.

      Here's a link to the Hartley site:

      http://www.hartley-boats.com/

      Kurt P. Herzog