Re: State Series ----> Cabin Clam Skiff

  • john_fader
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2004
      DAvid,

      those dimensions are for the hull. I'd say that the aft 4' would be
      given to power and the fore 6' to an open bow; one doesn't live
      "inside" forever :-)Still, a 21-23' box is LARGE.

      It is difficult to see how the box can be less than 5 1/2' wide and
      have two comfortable berths, though one could lose 6" of that by
      putting the berths on the same side and skimping a bit on width in the
      galley and the other furniture on that side. Of course, having the
      "occasional" berth in the main saloon is no problem for a single
      liveaboard.

      I visualize the accomodation, from aft going fwd. being engine space,
      then in the cabin; Locker on one side, head across, "captain's cabin"
      (berth across from desk/library/enclosed reading/charts, etc.) then
      the main saloon with a berth on one side, across from open area with
      chairs and the helm. Finally, the open foredeck and then anchor/wet
      well.

      So, maybe it could have 6" side decks and a box that is 6'3" tall, 5'
      wide, and 23' long. I wonder what that would do for stability on a 33'
      X 6' hull????

      Cheers/Fader

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David Romasco" <dromasco@g...> wrote:
      > Hmmm.. you're talking about a 6'x6'x32' enclosed box (and a
      powerboat to
      > boot). I think this is a design area that Bolger would have serious
      > stability and safety questions on. I have the plans for Idaho, and
      have
      > spent some time thinking about enclosures. With the best will in
      the world,
      > I can't get past a light (1/4") hardtop with a canvas enclosure. I
      think
      > anything more substantial on this sort of hull is hanging it out
      over the
      > edge; this, of course, is relative to waters sailed in.
      > David
    • donschultz8275
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 26, 2004
        Illinois can be seen at the following link. My thanks to Mr. Hallman.

        http://www.hallman.org/bolger/Illinois/

        Don Schultz

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "john_fader" <johnfader@b...> wrote:
        > Bruce,
        >
        > I keep reading mention of the Illinois, but haven't seen even
        lines.
        > Anyone know where they're hedden?
        >
        > Cheers/Fader
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
        > wrote:
        > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
        > > > Do you mean the French Canadians
        > >
        > > Es imposible por les Quebequois a ser estrange, o seran sans
        amable.
        > > Translation from horrible grade school French: (It is impossible
        for
        > > the grenoilles (frogs) to be strange or without friendship)
        > >
        > > I believe I was referring to the Manitobans.
        > >
        > > Everyone knows how archaic, rural (consider the Hutterites and
        > > Dukabors) and disinterested in things nautical they are!
        Excepting