Re: State Series ----> Cabin Clam Skiff

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2004
      > I am hoping that standing headroom can be
      > achieved safely in 31-33' LOA and a bit narrower breadth of beam,
      > maybe 6' to keep near that 6:1 ratio of L/W.

      You might check out the 30' Cargo Motorsailer (or whatever the name
      is). There is a scan (Cargo MS 30.gif) at Bolger2
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bolger2/files/MS%20Cargo%20Boat/
      (The other pic there is a pastiche.)

      I guess it's a more complicated bottom type, but what a wonderful
      boat for laid back cruising. Everyone always wants changed. My first
      idea was to make the house continuous and deleted the well deck. My
      second thought was want a wonderful spot the well deck would be.

      Tom MacNaughton claims that "real liveaboards" remove their inboard
      engines and want to eliminate their cockpits because of the "wasted"
      space. I would counter-claim that they started with a boat that was
      too small.

      Peter
    • donschultz8275
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 26, 2004
        Illinois can be seen at the following link. My thanks to Mr. Hallman.

        http://www.hallman.org/bolger/Illinois/

        Don Schultz

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "john_fader" <johnfader@b...> wrote:
        > Bruce,
        >
        > I keep reading mention of the Illinois, but haven't seen even
        lines.
        > Anyone know where they're hedden?
        >
        > Cheers/Fader
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
        > wrote:
        > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
        > > > Do you mean the French Canadians
        > >
        > > Es imposible por les Quebequois a ser estrange, o seran sans
        amable.
        > > Translation from horrible grade school French: (It is impossible
        for
        > > the grenoilles (frogs) to be strange or without friendship)
        > >
        > > I believe I was referring to the Manitobans.
        > >
        > > Everyone knows how archaic, rural (consider the Hutterites and
        > > Dukabors) and disinterested in things nautical they are!
        Excepting