Re: U.S. or Canadian made electric planer

  • b_owen_ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Interesting question. In these days of NAAFTA you can find US brand
      products that were actually manufactured in Canada (or Mexico) in US
      stores for sale under their US brand names. Probably not what you
      meant.

      If you mean an independent manufacturer, the one that comes to mind
      is King Canada (www.kingcanda.com) who CLAIMS to manufacture their
      own tools. Since so many of the hand tools look like brand name knock
      offs (RO 6" sander looks like Porter-Cable) I suspect these may be
      Chinese. But I'd not be surprised to find that their larger shop
      tools are Canadian. BTW the King Canada site shows 11 HD looking
      planers and one electric hand planer.

      Would be a good question for the Canadian Boatbuilders group at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Canadianboatbuilder. We've had some
      discussion about this lately.

      Bryant - who has to tell you he is owner of Canadian Boatbuilder.