State Series ----> Cabin Clam Skiff

  • john_fader
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2004
      I've been reading the State Series and Tennessee somewhat desultorily,
      and now wish that I'd been mofre observant :-)

      This is possibly just idle curiosity, as I plan to build a Sneakeasy
      later this winter, but...

      Does anyone remember any discussion as to how large these sharpies
      must be (at a minimum, in both length and width)to allow standing
      headroom (6'2" in my case, 1.88m)??? I've looked at Cabin Clam Skiff
      (why didn't PCB name that "Saloon Launch"??? as John E. calls it :-)
      and wondered about it's potential for a "cheapish" Florida
      live-aboard.

      I have an available 4-cyl I/O drive, free, which is likely to be
      overkill for it, but would run more cheaply than a 65-100hp outboard,
      esp at 6-8 kts, which is my preferred cruising speed if I don't have
      anywhere important to go.

      If you remember such a discussion, I'd appreciate a pointer to it, or
      even an approximate date.

      TIA/The Fader
    • donschultz8275
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 26, 2004
        Illinois can be seen at the following link. My thanks to Mr. Hallman.

        http://www.hallman.org/bolger/Illinois/

        Don Schultz

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "john_fader" <johnfader@b...> wrote:
        > Bruce,
        >
        > I keep reading mention of the Illinois, but haven't seen even
        lines.
        > Anyone know where they're hedden?
        >
        > Cheers/Fader
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
        > wrote:
        > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
        > > > Do you mean the French Canadians
        > >
        > > Es imposible por les Quebequois a ser estrange, o seran sans
        amable.
        > > Translation from horrible grade school French: (It is impossible
        for
        > > the grenoilles (frogs) to be strange or without friendship)
        > >
        > > I believe I was referring to the Manitobans.
        > >
        > > Everyone knows how archaic, rural (consider the Hutterites and
        > > Dukabors) and disinterested in things nautical they are!
        Excepting