U.S. or Canadian made electric planer

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 2:55 AM
      Such a thing?
      Mark
    • b_owen_ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 9:03 AM
        Interesting question. In these days of NAAFTA you can find US brand
        products that were actually manufactured in Canada (or Mexico) in US
        stores for sale under their US brand names. Probably not what you
        meant.

        If you mean an independent manufacturer, the one that comes to mind
        is King Canada (www.kingcanda.com) who CLAIMS to manufacture their
        own tools. Since so many of the hand tools look like brand name knock
        offs (RO 6" sander looks like Porter-Cable) I suspect these may be
        Chinese. But I'd not be surprised to find that their larger shop
        tools are Canadian. BTW the King Canada site shows 11 HD looking
        planers and one electric hand planer.

        Would be a good question for the Canadian Boatbuilders group at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Canadianboatbuilder. We've had some
        discussion about this lately.

        Bryant - who has to tell you he is owner of Canadian Boatbuilder.