Re: [bolger] Sculling oar for Sea Angel.

  • Ford and Mary Ann Walton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
      Steve,

      You don't need a yuloh, just a fairly long bladed oar. Hold it over the
      stern at a fairly steep angle, and move it sideways with the leading
      edge angled 30 to 45 degrees toward the bow of the boat, then then move
      it sideways in the other direction and twist it so the other edge of the
      blade (the new leading edge) is toward the bow. In fact, if you have a
      canoe paddle, you can sit on the dock and work the motions and twist out
      for yourself in 20 minutes or so.

      I think "Wooden Boat" had an article some time back on sculing with a
      regular oar.

      Good luck,
      Ford Walton