Re: Bolger State Series

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 29, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Don Tyson <tysond99@y...> wrote:
      > Yes, I;ve heard that about hulls (planing with enough power).
      >
      > Did you add any beautiful topsides before old man winter came
      along? >reply,"beautiful"!

      Hi Don,
      Well.......old man winter played a nasty trick on us,didn't it?
      Everything was going along just swimmingly and along came
      Christmas.So far,no big deal....take a few weeks off from the boat
      and focus on the festive elements of the season.Based on past
      experience,I figured it would be back to business shortly after the
      New Year,with expected temperatures somewhere around -8C.
      And this is where the trick was played.......temperatures went purely
      arctic with -30C almost daily and wind chills over -40C.
      I may be nuts but I ain't crazy enough to attempt working out
      in those conditions.So,things have been put into hibernation mode at
      the boat site and my Pesky Crew has laid on some big time "honey do"
      projects to make sure I don't just all go to fat.So far,one big walk-
      in closet for the master bedroom(done) and lay in a
      laminated "floating floor" everywhere but the kitchen and bathroom.So
      far,living room done,and master bedroom started.
      I figure I am not only ruining my knees by doing this home
      project stuff but,more importantly,earning some really big lovey-
      dovey-go-work-on-your-boat-all-summer-long-and-I'll-make-your-lunch-
      every-day sorta points,if you know what I mean ;-)
      With any kind of luck,I should be back on track somewhere near
      the end of Febuary in a snow and spring-time rain proof shop.
      Sorry if this was more then you needed to know........I
      could've just said,"Sorry Don,but no.".......but I have so much free
      time now:-)

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,Windermere builder on a temporary hiatus from real