[bolger] Re: Micro warm-up/boatbuilder's "pass"

  • Stan Muller
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
      David, so kindly wrote;
      BOATBUILDER'S PASS

      THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
      SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
      IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
      SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
      RETURNED.

      SINCERELY,
      DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER

      Having just printed a goodly supply of copies, I thank you, both for
      leaving the boat builders name off so we all can use it, and leaving
      enough room for the date to allow for white-out changes. Just like I did
      with hall passes some fifty years ago.
      Stan, SG; Who just had to drop near $100 for pilot house materials, and
      still doesn't know what to do with them.
    • oink@paradise.net.nz
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
        Gosh David, is your school in a prison?
        Don

        > In my real life I am a school teacher. Our students need hall
        > passes to travel about the building during classroom hours. Therefore,
        > I am qualified to send you a boatbuilders "hall pass". Please show
        > this to your wife and explain your need to go to the boat room, and you
        > have my permission. Yes, it's legal.
        > Print and tear off.
        > BOATBUILDER'S PASS
        >
        > THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
        > SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
        > IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
        > SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
        > RETURNED.
        >
        > SINCERELY,
        > DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER
        >
        > spring is getting closer, I bought the lumber for the main mast today!
        > Cut and scarf this weekend. Weather permitting.
        >

        > "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
        > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3296
        > > Hi Francisco
        > >
        > > > I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
        > > > building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of
        > Pippo's
        > > > web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!
        > >
        > > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my
        > favour.
        > > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
        > > that I need more time to devote to the boat? I'm really thinking to go
        > > downstairs when everybody else at home goes to sleep, because if I
        > wait
        > > for the week-ends... and, the last one, I was stuck doing baby-sitting
        > > the whole saturday, and when sunday came, I had to bring my son to the
        > > circus (well, sort of: dogs, cats, pigeons)... and my nice bulkhead B
        > > drawings down there on the plywood, ready to be cut...
        > > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)
        > >
        > > Best, Pippo

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=bolger&m=1

      • David Jost
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2000
          In many ways, yes.
          not boat related, but societal issue related which I guess comes back
          to boats eventually. There are always a few individuals that spoil it
          for everyone forcing the government agencies, school administrations,
          etc. . . to pass blanket laws that affect everyone.
          I am willing to bet that the production boats are so expensive due to
          the builders having to roll the cost of safety inspections,
          regulations, insurance, etc. . . on to the purchaser.
          "Warning, keep objects and fingers away from blade while operating"

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3356