Re: double ender schooner

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
      > Bolger describes the heavily weighted daggerboard as more of a
      > removable keel. I'd get that there is plenty of deep water in Bras
      > d'Or, but if your own sailing circumstances need a shoal draft, or
      > beachable boat, the 125lbs daggerboard could be a bit of a
      > nuisance.

      I'm considering building a second daggerboard, unweighted, for
      precisely that purpose. The existing keel and rudder are just right
      for Lake Ontario, but I have some odd ideas about building a portage
      dolly that could be carried on board and portaging her from river to
      river or lake to lake. While I'm at it, a second rudder, shallower
      and possibly with a removable end plate, might be worth an experiment.

      --
      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>