Re: [bolger] Sponson Sharpie/Canoe

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      --- Andy Farquhar <pongo19050@...> wrote:
      > I've drawn, lofted and started
      > to build a sponson
      > sharpie/canoe that

      Where is the waterline under normal
      padel?

      Will it have fixed ballast when
      sailed?

      > My question is, what,
      > if anything, do I owe to Mr.
      > Bolger.

      Asking him might be the best,
      but I suspect that he 'borrows'
      ideas from all the boat designs
      [and learns lessons from the
      failures] which have preceded
      him, and those that follow
      will do the same of him.
    • Andy Farquhar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004

        > Where is the waterline under normal
        > padel?

        The waterline is at about 5" when fully loaded, well below the
        sponsons. I use a single paddle because of a bad rotator cuff.

        > Will it have fixed ballast when
        > sailed?

        No ballast except for me on the sponsons.

        Regards

        Andy
      • craig o'donnell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
          >On the other hand, I feel I owe him
          >something. Craig O'Donnel suggests that one send Mr. Bolger a fee
          >if one uses the Peero plans which he makes available on his Cheap
          >Pages. What do you suggest?

          I'd send him the Peero "shareware fee" he requests and a nice letter, and
          make sure you send photos of the results. I doubt he cares about the
          "inspired by" issue.
          --
          Craig O'Donnell
          Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

          -- Macintosh kinda guy
          Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.