Re: Photos of Bolger Models

  • bruce@hallman.org
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004

      home as 'checked' luggage on the
      airplane.

      Another milestone; I wired and
      fired up my two Trojan T105 6volt
      batteries to the power inverter...
      got 'off grid' 120V power now for
      the microwave and Margarita blender!

      [Did I mention mounting the eighteen
      forward deck sheaves? ...looking nautical.]
    • Rick Bell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
        Thanks Peter that was the whole reason for building the model. If you can build it 1/8th scale you can certainly do it full size. Full scale is more forgiving. My wife is more forgiving of 1/8 scale than full size. Maybe as soon as I get all the honey doos caught up I can start on the real thing.

        Peter Lenihan <lestat@...> wrote: --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "shallowdraft2004"
        <shallowdraft2004@y...> wrote:
        > I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
        > to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
        > anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

        Hi Rick,
        WOW! If it weren't for the background clues,I'd swear this was a
        full sized boat and demand to see pictures of her sailing with you in
        it:-)
        A very nicely done model indeed and I'll bet it sure gets your
        juices flowing to build a full size version of her.It is a roomy boat
        for a couple of sailors to enjoy:-)

        Thanks for posting those nice photos!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan

        Bolger rules!!!

      • oneillparker
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          I've taken you up on that idea, and posted a couple pics in Bolger3
          of a His & Hers Schooner model I built a few years back. I gave the
          model to my brother for Christmas that year, and went and built
          myself two Cartoppers instead...

          John O'Neill

          .....I have created a photo album, over in Bolger3, dedicated to