Re: Photos of Bolger Models

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "shallowdraft2004"
      <shallowdraft2004@y...> wrote:
      > I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
      > to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
      > anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

      Hi Rick,
      WOW! If it weren't for the background clues,I'd swear this was a
      full sized boat and demand to see pictures of her sailing with you in
      it:-)
      A very nicely done model indeed and I'll bet it sure gets your
      juices flowing to build a full size version of her.It is a roomy boat
      for a couple of sailors to enjoy:-)

      Thanks for posting those nice photos!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan
    • bruce@hallman.org
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
        --- "Peter Lenihan" wrote:

        > I'd swear this was a
        > full sized boat

        No chance of making that
        mistake with my Superbrick
        model, two pictures posted
        in Bolger3, and more at
        http://www.hallman.org/bolger/Superbrick/

        Never-the-less, I have that
        model displayed in a place
        of honor in my house [on the TV<g>]
        and I dream of building her often.

        [...]

        More progress on Micro Navigator; I
        visited my brother, an upholsterer,
        over the holidays, and made six
        custom 'furniture quality' cushions
        for the seat/berths in one frenzied
        10 hour work party. I carried them
        home as 'checked' luggage on the
        airplane.

        Another milestone; I wired and
        fired up my two Trojan T105 6volt
        batteries to the power inverter...
        got 'off grid' 120V power now for
        the microwave and Margarita blender!

        [Did I mention mounting the eighteen
        forward deck sheaves? ...looking nautical.]
      • Rick Bell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          Thanks Peter that was the whole reason for building the model. If you can build it 1/8th scale you can certainly do it full size. Full scale is more forgiving. My wife is more forgiving of 1/8 scale than full size. Maybe as soon as I get all the honey doos caught up I can start on the real thing.

          Peter Lenihan <lestat@...> wrote: --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "shallowdraft2004"
          <shallowdraft2004@y...> wrote:
          > I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
          > to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
          > anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

          Hi Rick,
          WOW! If it weren't for the background clues,I'd swear this was a
          full sized boat and demand to see pictures of her sailing with you in
          it:-)
          A very nicely done model indeed and I'll bet it sure gets your
          juices flowing to build a full size version of her.It is a roomy boat
          for a couple of sailors to enjoy:-)

          Thanks for posting those nice photos!

          Sincerely,

          Peter Lenihan

          Bolger rules!!!

        • oneillparker
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
            I've taken you up on that idea, and posted a couple pics in Bolger3
            of a His & Hers Schooner model I built a few years back. I gave the
            model to my brother for Christmas that year, and went and built
            myself two Cartoppers instead...

            John O'Neill

            .....I have created a photo album, over in Bolger3, dedicated to