Re: Photos of Bolger Models

  • shallowdraft2004
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
      to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
      anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

      I have created a photo album, over in Bolger3, dedicated to
      > photos of Bolger Boat Models.
      > Please feel free to add a few photos of your own Bolger
      model
      > and lets see if we can't get a whole fleet of models done before
      the
      > end of 2004 :-)
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "shallowdraft2004"
        <shallowdraft2004@y...> wrote:
        > I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
        > to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
        > anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

        Here you go!
      • Peter Lenihan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          <shallowdraft2004@y...> wrote:
          > I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
          > to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
          > anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

          Hi Rick,
          WOW! If it weren't for the background clues,I'd swear this was a
          full sized boat and demand to see pictures of her sailing with you in
          it:-)
          A very nicely done model indeed and I'll bet it sure gets your
          juices flowing to build a full size version of her.It is a roomy boat
          for a couple of sailors to enjoy:-)

          Thanks for posting those nice photos!

          Sincerely,

          Peter Lenihan
        • bruce@hallman.org
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
            --- "Peter Lenihan" wrote:

            > I'd swear this was a
            > full sized boat

            No chance of making that
            mistake with my Superbrick
            model, two pictures posted
            in Bolger3, and more at
            http://www.hallman.org/bolger/Superbrick/

            Never-the-less, I have that
            model displayed in a place
            of honor in my house [on the TV<g>]
            and I dream of building her often.

            [...]

            More progress on Micro Navigator; I
            visited my brother, an upholsterer,
            over the holidays, and made six
            custom 'furniture quality' cushions
            for the seat/berths in one frenzied
            10 hour work party. I carried them
            home as 'checked' luggage on the
            airplane.

            Another milestone; I wired and
            fired up my two Trojan T105 6volt
            batteries to the power inverter...
            got 'off grid' 120V power now for
            the microwave and Margarita blender!

            [Did I mention mounting the eighteen
            forward deck sheaves? ...looking nautical.]
          • Rick Bell
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
              Thanks Peter that was the whole reason for building the model. If you can build it 1/8th scale you can certainly do it full size. Full scale is more forgiving. My wife is more forgiving of 1/8 scale than full size. Maybe as soon as I get all the honey doos caught up I can start on the real thing.

              Peter Lenihan <lestat@...> wrote: --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "shallowdraft2004"
              <shallowdraft2004@y...> wrote:
              > I have built a scale model of Bobcat 1 1/2" = 1 foot. I would like
              > to post some photos but have been unable to locate Bolger3. Could
              > anyone provide some help? Thanks Rick

              Hi Rick,
              WOW! If it weren't for the background clues,I'd swear this was a
              full sized boat and demand to see pictures of her sailing with you in
              it:-)
              A very nicely done model indeed and I'll bet it sure gets your
              juices flowing to build a full size version of her.It is a roomy boat
              for a couple of sailors to enjoy:-)

              Thanks for posting those nice photos!

              Sincerely,

              Peter Lenihan

              Bolger rules!!!

            • oneillparker
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
                I've taken you up on that idea, and posted a couple pics in Bolger3
                of a His & Hers Schooner model I built a few years back. I gave the
                model to my brother for Christmas that year, and went and built
                myself two Cartoppers instead...

                John O'Neill