Re: [bolger] Re: Whalewatcher : OSPREY

  • sctree
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2003
      David is correct. The boat in the small photo is not the Whalewatcher.
      It's an open sampan type hull with a canopy (perhaps a bird blind?) made
      of bamboo (at least that's what it seems to be when it goes down the
      highway at 55 mph) I've seen it and a convoy of similarly muraled
      vehicles has passed through our town several times going between Baja
      and the California estuaries. It's my understanding the guy uses it to
      row people around, giving eco friendly tours of environmentally
      sensitive areas for a donation.

      Rick

      Nels wrote:

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, David Ryan <david@c...> wrote:
      > > This boat would appear to be missing about 15 feet of bow and
      > stern ;-)
      > >
      > > -David
      > > --
      > Been studying the I60 drawings too long David?
      >
      > Interesting about the glass bottom and murals on the topsides:-)
      >
      > Nels

      > Fax: (978) 282-1349

    • Nels
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 31, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, sctree <sctree@d...> wrote:
        > David is correct. The boat in the small photo is not the
        Whalewatcher.
        > It's an open sampan type hull with a canopy (perhaps a bird blind?)
        made
        > of bamboo (at least that's what it seems to be when it goes down
        the
        > highway at 55 mph) I've seen it and a convoy of similarly muraled
        > vehicles has passed through our town several times going between
        Baja
        > and the California estuaries. It's my understanding the guy uses
        it to
        > row people around, giving eco friendly tours of environmentally
        > sensitive areas for a donation.
        >
        > Rick

        Yes you are correct - I clicked on the wrong link. The one I meant to
        click on "Tim's new boat" is in fact empty.

        Nels
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 2003
          You can email him and ask. I did so about a year ago, and he had a
          death in the family as I recall, which delayed building. It looks
          like the dates have been updated, as he would have completed this a
          while ago.

          Paul