[bolger] Re: Micro warm-up

  • Francisco Ramírez
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
      Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco wrote:

      > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my favour.
      > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
      > that I need more time to devote to the boat?

      You can send your family here for one year and work in your boat... and then
      I send you mine and I build my micro. You win, I have only one son!

      > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)

      Baking soda is great for indigestions!

      Regards
      Francisco
    • David Jost
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
        Pippo,
        I am terribly sorry that your Kiwi breakfast was spoiled. It does
        not look like my plans for a trip to Italy in a few years will
        materialize.
        In my real life I am a school teacher. Our students need hall
        passes to travel about the building during classroom hours. Therefore,
        I am qualified to send you a boatbuilders "hall pass". Please show
        this to your wife and explain your need to go to the boat room, and you
        have my permission. Yes, it's legal.
        Print and tear off.
        BOATBUILDER'S PASS

        THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
        SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
        IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
        SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
        RETURNED.

        SINCERELY,
        DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER

        spring is getting closer, I bought the lumber for the main mast today!
        Cut and scarf this weekend. Weather permitting.

        "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3296
        > Hi Francisco
        >
        > > I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
        > > building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of
        Pippo's
        > > web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!
        >
        > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my
        favour.
        > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
        > that I need more time to devote to the boat? I'm really thinking to go
        > downstairs when everybody else at home goes to sleep, because if I
        wait
        > for the week-ends... and, the last one, I was stuck doing baby-sitting
        > the whole saturday, and when sunday came, I had to bring my son to the
        > circus (well, sort of: dogs, cats, pigeons)... and my nice bulkhead B
        > drawings down there on the plywood, ready to be cut...
        > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)
        >
        > Best, Pippo

      • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
          Hi David
          I really hope that my self-kidding regarding the AC regatta was
          evident. The kiwis are simply from another planet, and this was crystal
          clear since the very first tack of the first race. Now, if the regatta
          was in the bay of Naples, we could have organized some "extra" events,
          like stealing their bulb, sails or mast (or the whole boat for that
          matter), but down there is difficult. Even if Francesco and Torben
          didn't make that incredible error at the first crossing, there would
          have been no chance anyway. Well, that's it.
          Thanks for the boatbuilders pass. Did it work for you?
          Best, Pippo

          P.S.: my wife is a teacher too (humanities, high school).
        • David Jost
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
            Pippo,
            I teach music, high school.
            I still do not understand why they chose to go left when throughout
            the entire regatta the right side has been heavily favored. They must
            know that their boat is slower and are willing to take a large gamble.

            This is such a momentus task to win the cup. If you are a
            challenger, you need to get the resources developed, team built,
            boat(s) built, and delivered to the race area and then survive almost
            two seasons of intensly different weather.

            The Kiwis already know when they will be sailing the next race,
            and only have to concentrate on boat development, and team building
            over the next three years. They know what the average wind speed will
            be in late February/early March already, and will not have to survive
            the heavier winds of the earlier regatta.

            The way to win: Two boats, one a lightweight America's Cup boat, and
            the other a heavier Louis Vitton model. In the US they should
            eliminate the representing teams down to one challenger and then pool
            their resources to fine tune the campaign now. It is the only way they
            have a chance.

            I am dropping the guantlet now. I am challenging all takers to a
            Bolger Boat race. Any bolger boat may enter. Let's form a committee
            to work out the details. Aw...forget it. Let's just boat and
            party!!!!!
            "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3338
            > Hi David
            > I really hope that my self-kidding regarding the AC regatta was
            > evident. The kiwis are simply from another planet, and this was
            crystal
            > clear since the very first tack of the first race. Now, if the regatta
            > was in the bay of Naples, we could have organized some "extra" events,
            > like stealing their bulb, sails or mast (or the whole boat for that
            > matter), but down there is difficult. Even if Francesco and Torben
            > didn't make that incredible error at the first crossing, there would
            > have been no chance anyway. Well, that's it.
            > Thanks for the boatbuilders pass. Did it work for you?
            > Best, Pippo
            >
            > P.S.: my wife is a teacher too (humanities, high school).

          • Stan Muller
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
              David, so kindly wrote;
              BOATBUILDER'S PASS

              THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
              SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
              IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
              SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
              RETURNED.

              SINCERELY,
              DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER

              Having just printed a goodly supply of copies, I thank you, both for
              leaving the boat builders name off so we all can use it, and leaving
              enough room for the date to allow for white-out changes. Just like I did
              with hall passes some fifty years ago.
              Stan, SG; Who just had to drop near $100 for pilot house materials, and
              still doesn't know what to do with them.
            • oink@paradise.net.nz
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
                Gosh David, is your school in a prison?
                Don

                > In my real life I am a school teacher. Our students need hall
                > passes to travel about the building during classroom hours. Therefore,
                > I am qualified to send you a boatbuilders "hall pass". Please show
                > this to your wife and explain your need to go to the boat room, and you
                > have my permission. Yes, it's legal.
                > Print and tear off.
                > BOATBUILDER'S PASS
                >
                > THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
                > SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
                > IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
                > SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
                > RETURNED.
                >
                > SINCERELY,
                > DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER
                >
                > spring is getting closer, I bought the lumber for the main mast today!
                > Cut and scarf this weekend. Weather permitting.
                >

                > "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
                > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3296
                > > Hi Francisco
                > >
                > > > I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
                > > > building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of
                > Pippo's
                > > > web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!
                > >
                > > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my
                > favour.
                > > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
                > > that I need more time to devote to the boat? I'm really thinking to go
                > > downstairs when everybody else at home goes to sleep, because if I
                > wait
                > > for the week-ends... and, the last one, I was stuck doing baby-sitting
                > > the whole saturday, and when sunday came, I had to bring my son to the
                > > circus (well, sort of: dogs, cats, pigeons)... and my nice bulkhead B
                > > drawings down there on the plywood, ready to be cut...
                > > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)
                > >
                > > Best, Pippo

                > -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=bolger&m=1

              • David Jost
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2000
                  In many ways, yes.
                  not boat related, but societal issue related which I guess comes back
                  to boats eventually. There are always a few individuals that spoil it
                  for everyone forcing the government agencies, school administrations,
                  etc. . . to pass blanket laws that affect everyone.
                  I am willing to bet that the production boats are so expensive due to
                  the builders having to roll the cost of safety inspections,
                  regulations, insurance, etc. . . on to the purchaser.
                  "Warning, keep objects and fingers away from blade while operating"

                  original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3356