Re: Le Mouton Noir de Kingston...

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bell" <smallboatdesigner@m...>
      wrote:
      > ...should be stopping by here in a couple of hours. Hopefully we'll
      be able
      > to figure out the 'cartop two boats' dilemma in short order so we
      can repair
      > to a BBQ joint for some pig pickin'. Photos to follow.
      >
      > JB

      John,
      I am always left with mixed feelings whenever I hear about
      another Canuck escaping the ravages of another Canadian
      winter.However,in this case, I am clearly happy to hear that Le
      Mouton Noir has managed to slip by the border patrols:-).Hopefully,he
      will not cause too much of an upheavel in the social order of things.
      There are a few things you should protect yourself against though
      John.Firstly, don't let Le Baron de Kingston see any sort of wood
      structures appearing to be useful in anyway,like a
      garage,shed,carport or even a sandbox.Unlike the rest of us, he'll
      probably see an up-turned boat just waiting to be
      rescued/completed/launched and will instantly begin schemming on ways
      to remove said"boat".
      Next,keep him away from the American beers.No offense intended
      here John,it is just to be safe, since his system has been
      adjusted,since birth, to deal with slightly higher octane brews and
      can be tricked into thinking it is drinking water if one is not
      careful.I know that all the health experts agree that good hydration
      is essential to good health and regularity but we also know that
      alcohol has been proven to reduce heart problems(just look at those
      blasted Frenchies and Italiens with their fat rich diets and long
      lives....geeese....!) and Le Mouton Noir must keep the old ticker in
      shape!Give him real booze:-)
      And finally, do say "Salut mon amie!" to Le Baron when he finally
      does grace your abode with his presence and wish him a safe trip with
      his "roof luggage" on my behalf.

      Thanks John!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,safely tucked away north of the border with some real
      beers and a strong heart.....:-)