[bolger] Re: primers

  • Hwal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Okay - I found the West System test results

      A top score on their tests was a 5 and the following primers received a score
      of 5
      in all catagories

      Kover - Stain by Zinsser ( oil)
      Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer sealer by Zinsser (water)
      ProBlock by Sherwin Williams ( latex)
      Flash Bond 400 white - by X-I-M ( solvent based)
      Latex Exterior Primer - Benjamin Moore ( latex)
      Weather King II Exterior Primer - Fuller O'Brian ( latex)

      The following primers tested scored some 5's in some catagories but in other
      catagories scores ranged as low as 0

      Moorwhite Alkyd EXT.Primer - Benjamin Moore ( alkyd) Scores ranged from 5 to
      0
      Ext. Wood and Masonry Primer - Fuller O'Brian ( alkyd) scores ranged from 5
      to 0
      A-100 Exterior Primer - sherwin Williams ( alkyd) scores ranged from 5 to 0

      All of the latex primers did well -

      they did not test Kilz II

      Steve Anderson