[bolger] Micro warm-up

  • Francisco Ramírez
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 29, 2000
      I tried... but I really can't! I can't wait. I have to begin my Micro
      now!

      I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
      building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of Pippo's
      web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!

      All ready for my questions??? ;-)

      Regards

      Francisco
    • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 29, 2000
        Hi Francisco

        > I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
        > building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of Pippo's
        > web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!

        Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my favour.
        Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
        that I need more time to devote to the boat? I'm really thinking to go
        downstairs when everybody else at home goes to sleep, because if I wait
        for the week-ends... and, the last one, I was stuck doing baby-sitting
        the whole saturday, and when sunday came, I had to bring my son to the
        circus (well, sort of: dogs, cats, pigeons)... and my nice bulkhead B
        drawings down there on the plywood, ready to be cut...
        Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)

        Best, Pippo

      • Francisco Ramírez
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
          Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco wrote:

          > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my favour.
          > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
          > that I need more time to devote to the boat?

          You can send your family here for one year and work in your boat... and then
          I send you mine and I build my micro. You win, I have only one son!

          > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)

          Baking soda is great for indigestions!

          Regards
          Francisco
        • David Jost
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
            Pippo,
            I am terribly sorry that your Kiwi breakfast was spoiled. It does
            not look like my plans for a trip to Italy in a few years will
            materialize.
            In my real life I am a school teacher. Our students need hall
            passes to travel about the building during classroom hours. Therefore,
            I am qualified to send you a boatbuilders "hall pass". Please show
            this to your wife and explain your need to go to the boat room, and you
            have my permission. Yes, it's legal.
            Print and tear off.
            BOATBUILDER'S PASS

            THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
            SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
            IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
            SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
            RETURNED.

            SINCERELY,
            DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER

            spring is getting closer, I bought the lumber for the main mast today!
            Cut and scarf this weekend. Weather permitting.

            "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3296
            > Hi Francisco
            >
            > > I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
            > > building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of
            Pippo's
            > > web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!
            >
            > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my
            favour.
            > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
            > that I need more time to devote to the boat? I'm really thinking to go
            > downstairs when everybody else at home goes to sleep, because if I
            wait
            > for the week-ends... and, the last one, I was stuck doing baby-sitting
            > the whole saturday, and when sunday came, I had to bring my son to the
            > circus (well, sort of: dogs, cats, pigeons)... and my nice bulkhead B
            > drawings down there on the plywood, ready to be cut...
            > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)
            >
            > Best, Pippo

          • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
              Hi David
              I really hope that my self-kidding regarding the AC regatta was
              evident. The kiwis are simply from another planet, and this was crystal
              clear since the very first tack of the first race. Now, if the regatta
              was in the bay of Naples, we could have organized some "extra" events,
              like stealing their bulb, sails or mast (or the whole boat for that
              matter), but down there is difficult. Even if Francesco and Torben
              didn't make that incredible error at the first crossing, there would
              have been no chance anyway. Well, that's it.
              Thanks for the boatbuilders pass. Did it work for you?
              Best, Pippo

              P.S.: my wife is a teacher too (humanities, high school).
            • David Jost
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
                Pippo,
                I teach music, high school.
                I still do not understand why they chose to go left when throughout
                the entire regatta the right side has been heavily favored. They must
                know that their boat is slower and are willing to take a large gamble.

                This is such a momentus task to win the cup. If you are a
                challenger, you need to get the resources developed, team built,
                boat(s) built, and delivered to the race area and then survive almost
                two seasons of intensly different weather.

                The Kiwis already know when they will be sailing the next race,
                and only have to concentrate on boat development, and team building
                over the next three years. They know what the average wind speed will
                be in late February/early March already, and will not have to survive
                the heavier winds of the earlier regatta.

                The way to win: Two boats, one a lightweight America's Cup boat, and
                the other a heavier Louis Vitton model. In the US they should
                eliminate the representing teams down to one challenger and then pool
                their resources to fine tune the campaign now. It is the only way they
                have a chance.

                I am dropping the guantlet now. I am challenging all takers to a
                Bolger Boat race. Any bolger boat may enter. Let's form a committee
                to work out the details. Aw...forget it. Let's just boat and
                party!!!!!
                "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
                original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3338
                > Hi David
                > I really hope that my self-kidding regarding the AC regatta was
                > evident. The kiwis are simply from another planet, and this was
                crystal
                > clear since the very first tack of the first race. Now, if the regatta
                > was in the bay of Naples, we could have organized some "extra" events,
                > like stealing their bulb, sails or mast (or the whole boat for that
                > matter), but down there is difficult. Even if Francesco and Torben
                > didn't make that incredible error at the first crossing, there would
                > have been no chance anyway. Well, that's it.
                > Thanks for the boatbuilders pass. Did it work for you?
                > Best, Pippo
                >
                > P.S.: my wife is a teacher too (humanities, high school).

              • Stan Muller
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
                  David, so kindly wrote;
                  BOATBUILDER'S PASS

                  THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
                  SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
                  IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
                  SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
                  RETURNED.

                  SINCERELY,
                  DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER

                  Having just printed a goodly supply of copies, I thank you, both for
                  leaving the boat builders name off so we all can use it, and leaving
                  enough room for the date to allow for white-out changes. Just like I did
                  with hall passes some fifty years ago.
                  Stan, SG; Who just had to drop near $100 for pilot house materials, and
                  still doesn't know what to do with them.
                • oink@paradise.net.nz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1, 2000
                    Gosh David, is your school in a prison?
                    Don

                    > In my real life I am a school teacher. Our students need hall
                    > passes to travel about the building during classroom hours. Therefore,
                    > I am qualified to send you a boatbuilders "hall pass". Please show
                    > this to your wife and explain your need to go to the boat room, and you
                    > have my permission. Yes, it's legal.
                    > Print and tear off.
                    > BOATBUILDER'S PASS
                    >
                    > THIS PASS ENTITLES THE OWNER TO PROCEED TO THE BOATBUILDING AREA FOR A
                    > SUM OF ____ HOURS. PLEASE RETURN THIS PASS WHEN FINISHED. THE OWNER
                    > IS NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN, DO YARD/HOUSEWORK, BABYSIT, OR GO
                    > SHOPPING FOR ANY MATERIAL THAT IS NOT BOAT RELATED UNTIL THIS PASS IS
                    > RETURNED.
                    >
                    > SINCERELY,
                    > DAVID N. JOST, HEADMASTER
                    >
                    > spring is getting closer, I bought the lumber for the main mast today!
                    > Cut and scarf this weekend. Weather permitting.
                    >

                    > "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <pippobianc-@...> wrote:
                    > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3296
                    > > Hi Francisco
                    > >
                    > > > I recived my plans from PB&F ten days ago, and I hope I can start
                    > > > building in march. I plan to follow the keys with the help of
                    > Pippo's
                    > > > web page, so... hurry up, Pippo!!
                    > >
                    > > Gosh, what a responsibility... however, I could turn this to my
                    > favour.
                    > > Francisco, why don't you write a message to my wife explaining to her
                    > > that I need more time to devote to the boat? I'm really thinking to go
                    > > downstairs when everybody else at home goes to sleep, because if I
                    > wait
                    > > for the week-ends... and, the last one, I was stuck doing baby-sitting
                    > > the whole saturday, and when sunday came, I had to bring my son to the
                    > > circus (well, sort of: dogs, cats, pigeons)... and my nice bulkhead B
                    > > drawings down there on the plywood, ready to be cut...
                    > > Must go now, regatta time... we'll have kiwis for breakfast ;-)
                    > >
                    > > Best, Pippo

                    > -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=bolger&m=1

                  • David Jost
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 2, 2000
                      In many ways, yes.
                      not boat related, but societal issue related which I guess comes back
                      to boats eventually. There are always a few individuals that spoil it
                      for everyone forcing the government agencies, school administrations,
                      etc. . . to pass blanket laws that affect everyone.
                      I am willing to bet that the production boats are so expensive due to
                      the builders having to roll the cost of safety inspections,
                      regulations, insurance, etc. . . on to the purchaser.
                      "Warning, keep objects and fingers away from blade while operating"

                      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3356