Re: PCB's Reputation(trailing)

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 123 , Dec 1, 2003
      I believe that the heavier a boat is the more planning and
      forethought it entails when considering taking it out for the day.

      In my own experience, a 14 foot solo canoe I have, gets used more
      often than all the other boats I have owned. It went on the roof of
      the car even before the ice was all out and stayed there for much of
      the summer except when it was in the water. It is yellow kevlar
      composite and weighs about 35 pounds. (Makes the car easy to find in
      a parking lot as well:-)

      I would carry paddles and life jackets and a day pack in the trunk
      and any time it seemed "right" I could stop at almost any bit of
      water and within 15 minutes would be out paddling. (Biggest challenge
      is where to leave the vehicle.)

      Here is what the Master has to say about trailer boats.

      "Massive trailers, powerful tow cars and steep launching ramps are
      more satisfying in imagination than reality. The amount of use a
      trailer boat yields is in inverse proportion to the captial tied up,
      and the overambitious boat nags at her owners when they're tired of
      the mental and physical effort her use demands"

      BWAOM Page 247

      Of course some are up to the challenge more than others:-) Would I -
      on the spur of the moment - take a 2500 pound boat out to the lake
      and bring it back again just to go sailing for an hour or two? Not
      very often!

      Nels

      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 9, 2003
        --- "antec007" <pateson@c...> wrote: