Re: [bolger] Re: PCB's Reputation

  • hal
    Message 1 of 123 , Dec 1, 2003
      On Dec 1, 2003, at 12:11 PM, pvanderwaart wrote:

      > I own a Capri 22 wing keel which weighs a long ton and is nominally
      > trailerable. It is not trailerable on a daysail basis unless you have
      > a yacht club dry storage and hoist available to you. I think that any
      > boat over 1000lbs is marginal for a launch-for-every-sail proposition.

      I think most power boaters will find your opinion very
      conservative. I have a 2500LB boat which is not kept in
      the water. Launching is just not a big deal. On the lakes
      I use, my boat is not particularly large. IMHO draft
      is more important than weight when it comes to launch-ability.

      Having said that, a tow vehicle appropriate for the weight of
      your boat is important.

      hal, who is anxiously waiting the first launch next year.
      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 9, 2003
        --- "antec007" <pateson@c...> wrote:
        > [slot top cover could be a]
        > ...pram type boat that would be