Re: storm petrel

  • pseudospark
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 30, 2003
      My model doesn't show the doghouse. As it's drawn, it's designed to
      be lashed down. I'm thinking of just a flat plate so that the stuff
      in the "cabin" can be kept dry and there would be plenty of
      sprawling space on deck. The Tent Cot could be kept in the hold when
      not in use.

      The reduced keel is not on the plans. I made up a basic sketch and
      Bolger added his comments to it.

      The plans are on 2 sheets with a number key set of instructions.
      Pretty complete. You start by assembling the deck upside down, add
      the frames, attach the sides, nail the bottom and the hull is done.
      All the woodwork is instant boat level.

      Steve H

      > It really is an accomplishment to design a boat with the apparent
      > capabilities and safety of Storm Petrel and only uses 8 sheets of
      > 3/8" plywood!
      >
      > I notice the photos in the files show the doghouse as removable.
      Is