11/29 Delta Messabout update

  • sctree
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2003
      Here are a few replies to my previous post that have come in from;

      a Meadowlark (the local knowledge guy, thanks for the report.)
      a Junebug (driving from SAN DIEGO!)
      and a Cartopper (oarless, can anyone help out?)

      Rick,
      I was over at Windmill Cove today (11/26). The weather report was
      for partly cloudy and cold, the actual weather was beautiful and
      sunny with temps in the 60's. I think that they have backed off on
      much
      rain for Saturday. I expect to be leaving my dock about 9 am with
      arrival in Windmill at around 10:30. The weather is going to have to
      be
      pretty bad to keep me in. Besides, Windmill has a bar, and is quite
      a funky place (looks like a hang out for Delta River Rats.) I would
      suggest that you turn off on Inland Dr (off of 4) and then turn right
      on Holt, which takes you straight to the levee road, then right to
      Windmill. The other road off 4 which leads immediately onto Holt has
      a RR underpass that is narrow and a tight turn. I wouldn't want to
      tow my eight-foot wide boat under it. Praying that the weather is
      tolerable
      on Saturday.
      Mark
      Stockton
      "Meadowlark"

      Hello, Rick:
      It looks like I will be there. I'm in San Diego now, and plan to
      leave tomorrow(Friday) for home in Sacramento. What time to people
      get therre? It's about a two hour drive for me, so I'll drag myself
      out whenever I have to. Probably, I will bring my June Bug, unless
      there is rain.
      Chris

      Hi Rick,
      What are the particulars for the messabout on Saturday? With
      luck I may be able to bring a built-but-unpainted Cartopper, though
      unless my oars are delivered today (or I run out and buy a Minn Kota
      electric, or get really ambitious about setting up the sailing rig),
      there will be a distinct lack of motive power. Anyhow, do let me know
      about the time 'n' place.
      Thanks, -- Steve

      There may be others out there who will show, but at least there is a
      core group planning on attending.

      Saturday, November 29th 10 am
      Windmill Cove Marina launch ramp
      http://www.windmillcove.com/gallery.html