FS: AF-4 Mister Moon, SportDory

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2003
      My AF-4 "Mister Moon" is for sale.

      Includes boat, motor, and trailer.

      Boat:

      Built 2001.
      3/8" MDO (2-sided) topsides and decks.
      1/2" MDO (2-sided) bottom, sheathed on the outside with 6 oz. glass/epoxy.
      All dimensional lumber Douglas fir. SS/bronze fastened.
      Includes new deep cycle battery and Perko running lights ($100) , new
      three-bow bimini with stand-up supports and cover ($270), and waterproof
      hypalon fabric slot cover.

      Motor: 2002 Mercury 15 HP, four stroke. 15" shaft, tiller steering. Runs
      great, always starts on first pull. Includes 3 gallon remote fuel tank. Cost
      $2,170 new.

      Trailer:

      Older trailer, but perfect for this boat.

      I've really enjoyed this boat and am reluctantly selling her only because I
      have purchased a much larger boat and no longer need this one. My asking
      price of $2,990 is much less than the cost of materials to build and power
      her. If you want a nice AF-4, here is one of the nicest around, ready to
      go. Boat is located near Atlanta, GA. Will deliver less than 250 miles for
      $0.60/mile.

      I am also selling my SportDory, the prototype for this design. Sportdory is
      a 15' LOA dory. It is a real pleasure to row. Needs minor repair. Includes a
      set of Sitka spruce oars with leathers and bronze oarlocks. Asking $300 for
      all.

      John Bell <><
      Kennesaw, GA
      http://jmbell.home.mindspring.com