Re: Looking for a sail/row boat

  • jerrych57
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2003
      Thanks for all the replies, it's great getting to hear about all the
      different experiences you've had.

      I plan to build a boat someday, but learning to sail comes first.
      I've sailed a little bit and took a Red Cross sailing class a long
      time ago. A college roommate had a Hobi 14 and I went with him
      fairly often until he got a girlfriend. He liked her as crew more
      than me for some reason.

      I'll be searching all the for sale ads I can find.

      How do you post pictures? I built a model of Featherwind that I'd
      like to share a picture of with you. It turned out pretty good, I
      believe.

      Thanks again,

      Jerry
    • Roger Derby
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
        If you can find a group that has races, formal or informal, your sailing
        skills will advance by leaps and bounds. We used racing (with Optimist
        prams) starting with the third session of the classes at the Halifax River
        Sailing Association. When someone in an identical boat is going faster, you
        don't need the instructor to tell you you're doing something wrong.

        (A slightly larger boat would be a lot easier on the knees. We raced
        Sunfish on Sundays.)

        (If you're not a member, join.) Then select "Photos" then "Add Photo" then
        browse to your image (on your disk), select it and click "upload" on the
        Yahoo page.

        Roger
        derbyrm@...
        http://derbyrm.mystarband.net