brick outboard

  • sojjack
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      I am building a non sailing brick to use as a tender.I was wondering
      about powering it with a 3.5 hp ob. Bolger shows the motor board on
      the bow transom, I'm assuming that is because it would not interfere
      with the rudder hardware of the sailing version. The transom height
      is at 15 inches and i wonder if the 15 inch shaft would be long
      enough? the transoms are not in water at rest. should i go with 20
      inch shaft, or is the weight of the person in the boat enough to
      compensate any thoughts ? I just found this site pretty cool I have
      built tortoise, brick, pointyskiff, big dory, diablo and tennessee
      so far thanx
    • sctree
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
        Yes on why Bolger mounts the outboard on the bow.

        If you haven't cut the sides yet, leave them flat from the middle of
        the hull to the transom for a straight power version. That's how Bolger
        shows "FastBrick".

        Rick