Re: Looking for a book

  • Bob Chamberland
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      Go to your local library, get a card, and use the inter-library loan
      service.
      Bob Chamberland

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pibracing" <mcerio02@t...> wrote:
      > I am very interested in reading The Stormy Voyage of Father's Day by
      > Hugo Vihlen but I cant find it anywhere.Does anybody have this book
      > that they would sell me? I found one copy on Amazon but they wanted
      > 45.00,Thats out of my price range for a book.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Mike
    • pibracing
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        I tried that,Its not available.

        Mike

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Chamberland" <cha62759@t...> wrote:
        > Go to your local library, get a card, and use the inter-library loan
        > service.
        > Bob Chamberland
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pibracing" <mcerio02@t...> wrote:
        > > I am very interested in reading The Stormy Voyage of Father's Day by
        > > Hugo Vihlen but I cant find it anywhere.Does anybody have this book
        > > that they would sell me? I found one copy on Amazon but they wanted
        > > 45.00,Thats out of my price range for a book.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Mike
      • Roger Derby
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
          Good tip, Bob. I went (virtually) to the Louisville Library and they didn't have it, but they've added lots of databases. I found:
          LOUISVILLE FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY
          WorldCat Detailed Record
          WorldCat results for: kw: Hugo and kw: Vihlen. Record 1 of 1.
          The stormy voyage of Father's Day / Hugo Vihlen; Joanne Kimberlin
          1997 1st ed.
          English Book xiv, 240 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
          St. Paul, MN : Marlor Press, ISBN: 0943400910 (pbk.)
          Libraries worldwide that own item: 39
          Connect to the catalog at Louisville Free Public Library
          Borrow this item from another library (Interlibrary Loan)

          Find Items About: Vihlen, Hugo, (max: 1)
          Title: The stormy voyage of Father's Day /
          Author(s): Vihlen, Hugo, 1931- ; Kimberlin, Joanne,; 1957-
          Publication: St. Paul, MN : Marlor Press,
          Edition: 1st ed.
          Year: 1997
          Language: English
          Standard No: ISBN: 0943400910 (pbk.); LCCN: 96-47272
          SUBJECT(S)
          Named Person: Vihlen, Hugo, 1931- -- Travel.
          Named Corp: Father's Day (Sailboat)
          Geographic: North Atlantic Ocean.
          Note(s): Includes index.
          Class Descriptors: LC: G470; Dewey: 910/.91631
          Responsibility: Hugo Vihlen, with Joanne Kimberlin.
          Document Type: Book
          Entry: 19961021
          Update: 20030904
          Accession No: OCLC: 35822564