Re: [bolger] Re: Northern Lights

  • John Spoering
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi All -

      Hey, hey, you guys' got me all excited and last noght I was out checking for those Northern Lights. But all I saw was the bottom of my glass of Southern Comfort.

      Aloha - Jack Spoering - Ft Lauderdale, Florida

    • proaconstrictor
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
        It's certainly not true that the purpose of a fillet is solely to
        provide a curved surface for the glass. But if your engineering
        concept is that the boat you are building would not require the
        strength of the fillet (which can be enough by itself without any
        glass), then just put the glass in without any fillet, that's
        perfectly acceptable. It can be pre-molded over an abs pipe, for a
        rounded chine effect, or scrunched hard to the inside corner, or let
        hot flash and then tooled into the joint, or you can radius masking
        tape and fire it over that. I don't see much harm in any caulk used
        in the joint, it just seems like a possible contaminant, and extra
        weight and expense.