Brick

  • Frank Bales
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2003
      I thought someone mention not long ago a larger version of the Brick? Not
      the Super version with the cabin and all, just a larger version of the
      Brick. I looked but couldn't find the post. Was I dreaming, or does such a
      beast exist?
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2003
        Thanks for all the replies, it's great getting to hear about all the
        different experiences you've had.

        I plan to build a boat someday, but learning to sail comes first.
        I've sailed a little bit and took a Red Cross sailing class a long
        time ago. A college roommate had a Hobi 14 and I went with him
        fairly often until he got a girlfriend. He liked her as crew more
        than me for some reason.

        I'll be searching all the for sale ads I can find.

        How do you post pictures? I built a model of Featherwind that I'd
        like to share a picture of with you. It turned out pretty good, I
        believe.

        Thanks again,

        Jerry
      • Roger Derby
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
          If you can find a group that has races, formal or informal, your sailing
          skills will advance by leaps and bounds. We used racing (with Optimist
          prams) starting with the third session of the classes at the Halifax River
          Sailing Association. When someone in an identical boat is going faster, you
          don't need the instructor to tell you you're doing something wrong.

          (A slightly larger boat would be a lot easier on the knees. We raced
          Sunfish on Sundays.)

          (If you're not a member, join.) Then select "Photos" then "Add Photo" then
          browse to your image (on your disk), select it and click "upload" on the
          Yahoo page.

          Roger
          derbyrm@...
          http://derbyrm.mystarband.net