Re: Teal oars

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003
      If you've got the time, make your own spruce oars. So much lighter than
      commercial ash ones. Of course, if you can get commercial spruce ones,
      go for it. (I must admit my own spruce oars aren't done yet, tho one is
      about done. Maybe the Michalak technique is better, as my completed oar
      seems a bit bent. No hurry as we already have commercial spruce pair.)
      Suggest essential tools for oars are plane and drawknife. Bandsaw is
      optional. Careful work with hand held radial saw can do the job.
      Drawkife is very fun as it's so fast for a hand tool, and you won't need
      any kindling for a while either.