RE: [bolger] Teal oars, etc.

  • David Romasco
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30 3:15 PM
      Hmmmm.... Brent, I happen to like 8 ft oars for my 9' Welsford Sherpa; I
      think shorter oars make for a choppy stroke. 6 ft oars may be too short. A
      lot of people use them because that's all they can find locally. I'd
      suggest borrowing some pairs of oars of different lengths and finding out
      what suits you personally. Sorry to complicate what sounds like ought to be
      a cut-and-dried issue!

      Hardware: Jamestown Distributors. Gudgeons, shoulder bolts.... they even
      have real ringbolts! Prices are good and my service experience has been OK
      (disclaimer: don't work for them, don't even get a discount). ;-)

      David Romasco

      _____