[bolger] Saws: The victory goes to . . .

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2000
      Thanks All,

      The imput was great, probably one of the most usefull parts of the web,
      near instant input on a very detailed subject. just awesome. Thanks.

      Seems to me the clear winner is the P.C., with the only negative being
      the finicky depth and angle adjustments on the 6", hopefully the 7 1/4"
      adjustments will work better. I will check these closely before buying
      but perhaps these adjustments will be less of a problem for someone not
      using the saw professionally, ie. not needing to move as fast and
      effeciently as a pro.

      Also noted:

      Must have a thin kerf blade (more votes than even the P.C.).
      Must purchase the rip fence accesory.
      Second purchase should be jig saw, Bosch.
      Third purchase, if I should find one used, funds permitting, a good
      table saw.

      There is truely a staggering amount of experience, and wisdom available
      from this not so small group.

      Chuck C., Folding Schooner, on the shores of Suisun Slough, the back
      waters of the Sacramento River, a short couple of miles from the San
      Francisco Bay, enjoying the sunshine between the rain clouds.