Re: Sneakeasy modification

  • Steve Bosquette
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi Tom
      That picture is of a Slipper boat from England I believe. They are
      inboard boats. My 15 hp Merc stuck 12 - 14 inches above the transom,
      I don't see why it wouldn't work ok as long as the proportions were
      right.
      Steve Bosquette

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Sneakeasy builders:
      >
      > Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of building a deck over the
      > sponsons. I believe it would involve raising the freeboard a bit to
      > height that would allow the outboard motor to be covered by a deck.
      > It's hard to put in words. See the wooden power boats group. In the
      > photos section under Antiques click on the second photo of Cheetah.
      > I'm referring to the stern area. It has a beautiful deck over it.
      >
      > Tom
    • Tom Rund
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003
        Hi Steve,

        Thanks for the reply.

        After further consideration, I decided to stick to the plans for my
        first sneakeasy. Perhaps later, I will try some mods.

        I noticed while laying out frame #6, that the beam radius of 3-3-1
        doen not work. Did you have this problem?

        Tom

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Tom
        > That picture is of a Slipper boat from England I believe. They are
        > inboard boats. My 15 hp Merc stuck 12 - 14 inches above the
        transom,
        > I don't see why it wouldn't work ok as long as the proportions were
        > right.
        > Steve Bosquette
        >
        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
        > > Dear Sneakeasy builders:
        > >
        > > Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of building a deck over the
        > > sponsons. I believe it would involve raising the freeboard a bit
        > > height that would allow the outboard motor to be covered by a
        deck.
        > > It's hard to put in words. See the wooden power boats group. In
        the
        > > photos section under Antiques click on the second photo of
        Cheetah.
        > > I'm referring to the stern area. It has a beautiful deck over it.
        > >
        > > Tom
      • chodges31711
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Steve,
          >
          > Thanks for the reply.
          >
          > After further consideration, I decided to stick to the plans for my
          > first sneakeasy. Perhaps later, I will try some mods.
          >
          > I noticed while laying out frame #6, that the beam radius of 3-3-1
          > doen not work. Did you have this problem?
          >
          > Tom
          Fritz mentions an error in the plans for frame 6.
          It is not to scale. I think foredeck height should be 0,8,2
          instead of 0,7,6.
          You can cross check by scaling the side view at frame 6 or
          subtracting the numbers in that view from 2,5,0.
          Charles