Sneakeasy modification

  • Tom Rund
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Dear Sneakeasy builders:

      Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of building a deck over the
      sponsons. I believe it would involve raising the freeboard a bit to a
      height that would allow the outboard motor to be covered by a deck.
      It's hard to put in words. See the wooden power boats group. In the
      photos section under Antiques click on the second photo of Cheetah.
      I'm referring to the stern area. It has a beautiful deck over it.

      Tom
    • Steve Bosquette
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hi Tom
        That picture is of a Slipper boat from England I believe. They are
        inboard boats. My 15 hp Merc stuck 12 - 14 inches above the transom,
        I don't see why it wouldn't work ok as long as the proportions were
        right.
        Steve Bosquette

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Sneakeasy builders:
        >
        > Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of building a deck over the
        > sponsons. I believe it would involve raising the freeboard a bit to
        > height that would allow the outboard motor to be covered by a deck.
        > It's hard to put in words. See the wooden power boats group. In the
        > photos section under Antiques click on the second photo of Cheetah.
        > I'm referring to the stern area. It has a beautiful deck over it.
        >
        > Tom
      • Tom Rund
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003
          Hi Steve,

          Thanks for the reply.

          After further consideration, I decided to stick to the plans for my
          first sneakeasy. Perhaps later, I will try some mods.

          I noticed while laying out frame #6, that the beam radius of 3-3-1
          doen not work. Did you have this problem?

          Tom

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Tom
          > That picture is of a Slipper boat from England I believe. They are
          > inboard boats. My 15 hp Merc stuck 12 - 14 inches above the
          transom,
          > I don't see why it wouldn't work ok as long as the proportions were
          > right.
          > Steve Bosquette
          >
          > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
          > > Dear Sneakeasy builders:
          > >
          > > Has anyone ever toyed with the idea of building a deck over the
          > > sponsons. I believe it would involve raising the freeboard a bit
          > > height that would allow the outboard motor to be covered by a
          deck.
          > > It's hard to put in words. See the wooden power boats group. In
          the
          > > photos section under Antiques click on the second photo of
          Cheetah.
          > > I'm referring to the stern area. It has a beautiful deck over it.
          > >
          > > Tom
        • chodges31711
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rund" <trund1024@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Steve,
            >
            > Thanks for the reply.
            >
            > After further consideration, I decided to stick to the plans for my
            > first sneakeasy. Perhaps later, I will try some mods.
            >
            > I noticed while laying out frame #6, that the beam radius of 3-3-1
            > doen not work. Did you have this problem?
            >
            > Tom
            Fritz mentions an error in the plans for frame 6.
            It is not to scale. I think foredeck height should be 0,8,2
            instead of 0,7,6.
            You can cross check by scaling the side view at frame 6 or
            subtracting the numbers in that view from 2,5,0.
            Charles