Re: [bolger] Honey...I shrank the boat!

  • sctree
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Peter Lenihan wrote:

      > It is truly amazing how what I once always saw
      > as a "big" bottom has suddenly shrunk in size! I do not know what it
      > is but perhaps seeing all the different shades or tones of the
      > various bottom elements tricked my eye into seeing more then there
      > really is? At any rate,now that the entire bottom is one juicy
      > uniform colour..........it looks so small!

      Be sure to have a dance party on the upright bottom before adding the
      hull panels and roof. If you wait til after the guest list will have to
      be cut in half!

      > I think I have found a winner. It
      > is a polyamide epoxy primer from Benjamin Moore (product number
      > M33/M34).

      I too have had excellent results with M33-M34.

      You can learn more about this product by searching under "Industrial
      Coatings" + "M33" as that is the label BM sell their industrial stuff
      under (duh!). Lots of good products, and all available at any BM dealer.

      M-28, designed to go directly onto metal (DTM), or onto most primers,
      and used in factories, dairys, water treatment plants etc. is an
      excellent topcoat for anyone willing to use latex.....

      Rick-

      Sincerely,