A Most Useful Tool!

  • Frank San Miguel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2003
      I needed to do some repairs in the bilgeboard cases of Alisa and
      couldn't get my grinder, random orbital sander or mini belt sander in
      there. I tried making my own sanding sticks with sandpaper glued to
      some pre-bent steel bar stock, but it took too much force and I needed
      to remove a lot of material.

      I did some internet searching and discovered an $8 "GRINDER TO BELT
      SANDER CONVERSION KIT" that allows me to use my grinder with 1/2" x
      21-1/2" belts. I thought $8 is too good to be true. There must be
      some catch.

      Wrong - it works great!! This is a really great tool for getting into
      limber holes, slots, corner fillets and all kinds of nooks and
      crannies that our boats have.

      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=30749

      I couldn't find any other place that sells this little gem. Of course
      if you already have an air tool setup, you can get a pneumatic version
      of one of these from anywhere (not cheap either).

      Frank