Re: wine and cheese

  • epoxypete
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Lincoln Ross <lincolnr@r...> wrote:
      > Assuming I am not late, what do the border authorities think when
      you go
      > into the country with a reasonable amount of mind altering (and
      dish
      > washing, in the case of certain infamous English foamy yellow)
      liquid
      > stuff?
      >
      > Lincoln Ross
      > (who can't recall leaving the US for the last twenty or thirty
      years)

      Lincoln,
      Bring all the juice you can handle.Just make sure the
      seals,caps or corks have not been opened!
      Now what's all this about not leaving the US for the last
      twenty or thirty years...........get out and smell the roses dear
      chap!There's a whole world of pure and ripe craziness just North of
      you and at prices that are hard to beat after the exchange rate :-)

      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan,who is having so much grief with his e-mail that he has
      had to take on another"name"..........eeeeegad!
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        Lincoln,

        I'm not very confident in Peter's description of how much hooch
        you're allowed to bring in duty free.

        I do believe that each adult on board can bring a bottle or two of
        wine, or one bottle of booze, or a case of beer. Of course why anyone
        would go to the trouble and expense to bring US suds to the land of
        high strentgh beer is beyond my reckoning.

        Anyhow, a bottle or two of plonk is more than enough for me. Let "Le
        Mouton Gris de Motreal" buy his own.

        Remember, when it's for me, price is no object.

        Bruce Hector