Re: wine and cheese

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      Assuming I am not late, what do the border authorities think when you go
      into the country with a reasonable amount of mind altering (and dish
      washing, in the case of certain infamous English foamy yellow) liquid
      stuff?

      Lincoln Ross
      (who can't recall leaving the US for the last twenty or thirty years)
    • epoxypete
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Lincoln Ross <lincolnr@r...> wrote:
        > Assuming I am not late, what do the border authorities think when
        you go
        > into the country with a reasonable amount of mind altering (and
        dish
        > washing, in the case of certain infamous English foamy yellow)
        liquid
        > stuff?
        >
        > Lincoln Ross
        > (who can't recall leaving the US for the last twenty or thirty
        years)

        Lincoln,
        Bring all the juice you can handle.Just make sure the
        seals,caps or corks have not been opened!
        Now what's all this about not leaving the US for the last
        twenty or thirty years...........get out and smell the roses dear
        chap!There's a whole world of pure and ripe craziness just North of
        you and at prices that are hard to beat after the exchange rate :-)

        Sincerely,
        Peter Lenihan,who is having so much grief with his e-mail that he has
        had to take on another"name"..........eeeeegad!
      • Bruce Hector
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
          Lincoln,

          I'm not very confident in Peter's description of how much hooch
          you're allowed to bring in duty free.

          I do believe that each adult on board can bring a bottle or two of
          wine, or one bottle of booze, or a case of beer. Of course why anyone
          would go to the trouble and expense to bring US suds to the land of
          high strentgh beer is beyond my reckoning.

          Anyhow, a bottle or two of plonk is more than enough for me. Let "Le
          Mouton Gris de Motreal" buy his own.

          Remember, when it's for me, price is no object.

          Bruce Hector