TIMS painting

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      We had some tremclad red oxide left over from a barn roof project and
      painted the bottom. What are the colours for the rest? Bruce I will
      check later this morning for an answer. Today I feel like trying it
      out with a 2 hp.
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <bys@c...> wrote: What are the
        colours for the rest?

        Paul,

        Mine are red below the rubrail,
        rubrail left clear, or varnished if you've got lots of time on your
        hands.
        The hull sides between the rubrail and the gunwhale is flat white,
        and the gunwale is red.
        I've left all my interiors clear, unpainted.

        But plesae! Not only is your colour scheme optional (use whatever
        wild and crazy artistic genes or impulses you've got here), so is
        colour or paint, or varnish.

        They have a certain "je ne sais quois", attractive "packing crate"
        look when simply left bare.

        Could be the ultimate square boat, what?

        Bruce Hector
        Just back from a 3 mile row from the downtown to Music boats, and
        feeling READY for some breakfast! Gotta' go.
      • Sam Glasscock
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
          Folks, I have recieved several e-mails chastizing me
          for the comments of the "Sam [Souther?]" who wrote to
          the group to complain about the content of the
          postings here. He choose a posting of mine to reply
          to, instead of starting his own thread. That, and the
          fact that our first names are the same, has apparently
          led to the confusion. My name is SAM GLASSCOCK. I
          enjoy reading the postings on this group, or I
          wouldn't belong. I have recieved invaluable help from
          folks in this group in building a number of Bolger
          boats. "Sam Souther" and I share nothing but our
          first name, rapier wit, prediliction for scatalogical
          refernces and good looks. So, please, stop telling me
          what a jerk I am. I already know I'm a jerk, but I'm
          not the jerk you think I am. Sam Glasscock.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Bruce Hector
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@y...>
            wrote: I'm a jerk, but I'm not the jerk you think I am.

            Nah!

            HEY you guys! Stop calling Sam a jerk.

            No one with the intelligence and good taste to like PB&Fs offering
            could be a jerk.

            Call him something more accurate: A fanatic, maniac, crazo,
            obssessive-compulsive, epxoy coasted, dust covered, PL premium
            skinned, figreglassed and rashed, crusty, salty, ol' boat nut.

            An affliction with which I am not totally unfamiliar.

            Bruce Hector