Bolger design # 250 - All Weather Houseboat

  • alan terry
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2003
      Greetings from a new member!
      Does anyone have info on Bolger design # 250? This is listed on the
      database under "Bolger designs" but I have otherwise come across no
      mention of it, anywhere.
      regards all
      alan terry
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "alan terry" <alanterry4@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings from a new member!
        > Does anyone have info on Bolger design # 250? This is listed on
        the
        > database under "Bolger designs" but I have otherwise come across
        no
        > mention of it, anywhere.
        > regards all
        > alan terry

        Alan,
        Other then what is written about her in The Folding
        Schooner....I do not believe there is any other info. I also do not
        recall if many were built either since Bolger observed that an
        expensive boat doesn't not become cheaper by compressing it(or
        something to that effect) and this design was for a commercial
        venture which did not make it through some rather rapid inflationary
        years.
        I'll admit that she is a nice boat with tons of character!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan
      • Peter Lenihan
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2003
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "alan terry" <alanterry4@y...> wrote:
          > Greetings from a new member!
          > Does anyone have info on Bolger design # 250? This is listed on
          the
          > database under "Bolger designs" but I have otherwise come across
          no
          > mention of it, anywhere.
          > regards all
          > alan terry

          Have you seen this:

          I should have added it in last post.

          Peter Lenihan
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2003
            > Bolger design # 250?

            I have never heard about.
            If I were to build one, I
            would also consider the
            Puffer houseboat, which
            is of a similar size and
            shape.
          • alan terry
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <lestat@b...> wrote:
              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "alan terry" <alanterry4@y...>
              wrote:
              > > Greetings from a new member!
              > > Does anyone have info on Bolger design # 250? This is listed on
              > the
              > > database under "Bolger designs" but I have otherwise come across
              > no
              > > mention of it, anywhere.
              > > regards all
              > > alan terry
              >

              > Have you seen this:

              Thanks for the directions, Peter.
              All Weather Houseboat is nothing like I had hoped it might be - it's
              way, way beyond my available resources, needs - or wants!
              But I do want to build another boat. Will it be Champlain or Micro
              or Microtrawler or 20ft barge Houseboat or 23ft Motorsailer?
              Trouble is, I want them all!
              Even Retriever looks to be a possibility (if I can find out anything
              about it). I did find some excelent suggestions on

              posting no.1450

              under "Proposal" which certainly seem relevant, even in a broad
              context. Worth a read for ANY newcomer.