Re: Curious.....PL premium

  • Marc Paquette
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Lincoln Ross <lincolnr@r...> wrote:

      > Did you wash off and scuff up the PL beforehand? I
      > don't recall any non stick areas when I used this stuff, but maybe my
      > primer was a bit different.

      It could be the primer. I chose Behr No. 129 because of personal experience and
      preference.

      No washing. Some sanding, if only a scuff or two while sanding adjacent wood.

      The exposed PL Premium and PL 400 that I tried to paint were just beads of adhesive
      squished out from joints. I've only painted now-permanently-closed compartments,
      so cosmetic appearance wasn't important. The rest of the compartments got two
      good coats of primer, so I'm not worried.

      However, to seal the boat, I've already started scraping and razoring off excess PL
      from other joints and applying epoxy/wood flour fillets. The primer covers the fillets
      nicely.

      Marc.