Messabout Poster sighted about Kingston

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2003
      In several pubs frequented by dark, seedy boatbuilders and on
      bulletin boards at area marinas a strande flyer about something
      called as Messabout has been sighted.

      I put a pic of it on the homepage at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freeboatexchange/
      and a extra large one in that groups photo section.

      Neil will have the hot dog/chip/drink stand at the dock open on the
      Saturday. And we have the use of the extra large clubhouse for that
      evening's pot luck dinner.

      BTW, in Canada a pot luck is one where every one brings a dish, and
      we all sample each other's (Thank god Peter says Pesky does the
      cooking in their household) fare. If whipping up a casoulet or a
      lasagna is to difficult for any of the Messabouters, a box of KFC
      dead bird, storebought salads, whatever will suffice.

      I'm m,aking my famous German "Wurst mit Saurkraut" casserole. Goes
      down good with a cold frosty .....

      Bruce Hector
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
        wrote:
        > BTW, in Canada a pot luck is one where every one brings a dish, and
        > we all sample each other's (Thank god Peter says Pesky does the
        > cooking in their household) fare. If whipping up a casoulet or a
        > lasagna is to difficult for any of the Messabouters, a box of KFC
        > dead bird, storebought salads, whatever will suffice.
        >
        > I'm m,aking my famous German "Wurst mit Saurkraut" casserole. Goes
        > down good with a cold frosty .....
        >
        > Bruce Hector

        You're right about that Bruce...in fact,I blame my inability to no
        longer being able to grace the fore deck with my svelt silhouette on
        Peskys' cuisine.Aye,it brings a wee tear to me tired eyes whenever I
        recall often overheard comments,from the ladies,about the rather
        handsome cut of my jib,not to mention whisker-pole,dolphin-stiker and
        boomkin:-)
        Now about this pot-luck,my Pesky Crew was just asking yesterday about
        this very thing.She is wondering about food presevation since we'll
        be showing up on Friday.Does Elaine(pardon the familiarity) have any
        room in a fridge to keep things cold until Saturdays pot-luck? I
        don't think they allow any use of the galley on board the ALexander
        Henry:-)
        Your Wurst Mit Saurkraut and frosty ale idea sounds like one potent
        pipe-cleaning,bowl-painting,abandon-ship,dial 911,cry for your mommy
        combo! I'll have to ask for a doggy bag :-)

        Sincerely,
        Peter,"not kilo challanged",Lenihan,wondering how come all my labour
        on WINDERMERE only results in stronger fingers and a sore back
        instead of the Charles Atlas look.................
      • Bruce Hector
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2003
          There are spare friges and freezers at both my home, at Rust Check,
          and I believe in the Rideau Acres clubhouse.

          So bring the creme brule et homard amorcaine....

          Bruce
        • Susan Davis
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2003
            > I'm m,aking my famous German "Wurst mit Saurkraut" casserole. Goes
            > down good with a cold frosty .....

            If your Frosty goes down, then you must not have installed enough
            flotation foam -- dangerous in typical Frosty racing conditions.

            Hmm, which reminds me: perhaps I should have grabbed the Frosty
            as I was passing through Erie today, to take it to the Messabout.

            -- Sue --
            (Frosty #821)

            --
            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>