Re: No Capital text please

  • dbaldnz
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2003
      Sure am Peter, paint and epoxy are starting to cure in reasonable
      time. Gosh, it only seems yesterday when you were chasing nesting
      critters and looking forward to workable outside temperatures. Do
      you feel time is out of control?
      Will you be able to build the interior of Windermere during winter,
      or will it be prefabricated in your heated garage?
      DonB

      > With our days gradually getting shorter and the temperatures
      > lowering,you must be glad that summer is just around the corner
      for
      > you and that can only mean lots of boating...yippee!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Peter Lenihan
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dbaldnz" <oink@p...> wrote:
        Do
        > you feel time is out of control?
        > Will you be able to build the interior of Windermere during winter,
        > or will it be prefabricated in your heated garage?
        > DonB

        Peter,
        Nope,nothing wrong with time at all,but how I get to use it is
        another story........:-) But certainly,with the days being noticably
        shorter and the shaddows cast around the boat yard growing longer by
        the day I have noticed a certain quite melencholy flitting about the
        backwoods of my thoughts.Even the cute little offspring of that hairy
        critter under my jig are looking more like the...well...that hairy
        critter itself!
        The"plan" right now is to get working on the assembling of the
        side panels once all the craziness of the Kingston messabout is
        over.With the able assistance of my Verchere Gang,this is a two day
        job.In between these two days, which will be separated by one
        week,all the final priming and painting of the bottom will get done.
        The panels will then be moved off their assembly jig,the bottom
        flipped one last time onto this very jig and the 4 main bulkheads
        erected onto it.If we don't go crazy with the lunch break pic-
        nick/beer fest,then the sides will be offered up for a test run and
        dry fit in the afternoon.
        So,let's say that takes care of September if one allows for the
        weather Gods.Then,early October will see the parmanent installation
        of the sides along with the roof.By the end of October,the interior
        should be all insulated and this is the key to any hopes of winter
        time building.With a portable electric baseboard heater,I should be
        able to keep the interior warm enough for everything but epoxy and
        paint,thus all the interior will be roughed in and just secured with
        screws.Should we be blessed with a relatively mild winter(ha!) then
        come spring time it will be all sanding, epoxying and painting.No
        launch date yet!
        Now,if I had the ellusive"heated garage",I'd be attending this
        messabout in WINDERMERE :-)
        We'll see,come the end of October,just how well my"plan" will
        have worked and just how organized(or not!) I really am..........

        Sincerely,
        Peter Lenihan,from along the shores of the mighty St.Lawrence where
        hope springs eternal even for petite moutons noir...........
      • Bruce Hector
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2003
          Peter,

          Are any of the guys coming to the Messabout. Promise them I won't
          subject them to my "francais horible", just give them wine and let
          them ride in all the boats.

          Bruce
        • Peter Lenihan
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2003
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
            wrote:
            > Peter,
            >
            > Are any of the guys coming to the Messabout. Promise them I won't
            > subject them to my "francais horible", just give them wine and let
            > them ride in all the boats.
            >
            > Bruce

            Sorry Bruce,the gang is all busy with their own boat things.......

            Peter Lenihan