Some more confirmed for the Messabout

  • GarthAB
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      We've been discussing it here in my household for a while -- and kept
      putting off the decision -- "if time allows," "if we're not
      completely swamped with work," etc. -- and just yesterday we decided
      LET'S GO!

      So, confirmed for attendance are: Garth Battista, wife Lilly Golden,
      daughters Isabel (5) and Rose (2). We'll arrive Friday late, and stay
      through Sunday noon.

      We'll probably bring our Toto and Piragua (which I've rigged for
      sail). We're leaving behind two Mouseboats, alas, which don't stack
      well on the roof rack; and our Bolger Gypsy, which is a pain to
      cartop, and not the favorite vessel for the kids.

      I'll also bring along the newly-arrived, partial plans of Jim
      Michalak's Cormorant (31' version of Caprice) for viewing. With any
      luck, next year (or the next . . .) I may launch her at the Messabout.

      We'll be tent camping -- so if torrential downpours are predicted,
      we'll stay home, but otherwise, I look forward to meeting so many of
      you that I only know from the web.

      All best,
      Garth