Re: TIMS full speed ahead photo

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13 7:57 AM
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
      won't the drag caused by the extra surface area of the
      extra "Modules" be too much for a 9.9 to move?

      Ahhhhhhhh........ I don't know.

      That's half the fun of a prototype. The guys at the boatdesign group
      ran her through "Hulls", and her hull speed keeps going up as you add
      length. Time will tell.

      No, I'm staying at the 9.9. Under Canadian regs, a vessel with under
      10 hp doen't need to be licensed. I will run her around to the Coast
      Guard shack on a calm day (6 miles in Lake Ontario) to get a Safety
      Inspection sticker off them, once they stop laughing.

      Bruce Hector