Re: [bolger] Re: Cabin Clam Skiff details

  • fountainb@switch.aust.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 10, 2003
      Sakari Aaltonen wrote:
      > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Bruce Hector wrote:
      > > How about a trade? I'll swap you two Bolger Micros for your Cabin
      > > Clam Skiff. One, the gold plater, needs interior finishing, and
      > > instalation of masts, rudder, keel. The other, needs repairs for
      > > upper deck rot, (already begun) and a mast.
      > >
      > > We each pay our own freight.
      >
      > That might be the best offer I'll ever get, but I live in Finland,
      > Northern Europe, and the freight, well...

      Hi Sakari,

      I understand that needs change, and this is a good thing, since otherwise
      we would have to stop building boats. But please make sure you fix your
      Clam
      Skiff and find a good home for it. It would be a tragedy if it ended up
      rotten.

      And remember - a thickened bog of epoxy and a little glass cloth can fix
      almost anything.

      Bruce Fountain
      (who still has a Hartley TS16 sitting transomless in his garage)