Test in private, launch in public.

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2003
      Launched the TIMS sharpie bow unit today, followed shortly thereafter
      by the TIMS stern power unit. Managed to scrounge up a 9.9 to power
      the deal. Also had an 8 foot barge unit in the truck, to lash up at
      30 feet and try it all under power.

      I was glad no-one was around, as Timmy, The Tiniest Towboat
      immeadiatley started to fill with water.

      There'd been a LOT of rain the past two weeks (just ask John Bell)
      and Timmy had half filled outside on her trailler. So to avoid
      bailinf a hundred gallons or so, we drilled a few 1`/2 inch drain
      holes. Et voila, the water was all out in a jiffy.

      Yesterday, I used a batch of thickened epoxy to bond in a stern knee
      below the transom so she'd handle the 9.9, and used the last of the
      batch to plug the holes we'd drilled.

      Of course I missed one.

      Which is why Timmy was pulled back on the trailler asap, and is now
      drying out in the shop for tommorows patch job.

      It did look cool for a while tied up beside the sharpie bow, ready to
      be lashed up. Reports to follow are expected to be more successful.

      Bruce Hector
      http://www.brucesboats.com