TIMS Towboat launched!

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Christened as "Timmy, The Littlest Towboat", the 11' 6" TIMS stern
      power unit achieved her target of a Canada Day launch. Albeit
      powerless, as I waste so much money building that I can't afford an
      outboard.

      Hmmmmmm.

      Maybee if I had fewer boats, I could affor... NO! There lies an end
      to the madness, and I can't have that.

      She was christened with a quick "Bless this boat!" from my sister as
      I smashed a bottle of cheap champers on her heavy duty fore cleat and
      proceded to be towed over to the 8 foot auxillary power unit
      (oars) "Use No Hooks" where a first trial lash up was made. I didn't
      have the heardt to try and row them as a unit, so we adjourned to
      Adagio for wine and nosh, and everyone had a little row in Twisted
      Seagull.

      Pictures will be posted tomorrow morning, as all the photo handling
      gear is at the office.

      Night, night all! A very tired, little (ya' right, I wish) boat-box
      builder is toddling off to a much needed sleep. Over 53 hours of
      manic building in a beautiful 4 day weekend. But I launched two, and
      the 11' 6" sharpie bow unit is about half done.

      Bruce Hector
      http://www.brucesboats.com