Re: TIMS Towboat ready for launch!

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bell" <smallboatdesigner@m...>
      wrote: I'm beginning to wish I had room in the car to load up my
      motor for us to play with... My advice is to build it with a 15"
      transom and about 10 degrees of rake, so just about any motor will
      work.

      Close Jim,

      I copied my Diablo's transom, she ended up with a 14" rise and about
      a 15 degree rake. The motor board is identical too, a slab of 2 by 8
      epoxied to the 1/2 inch transom and a hefty 1" plywood transom knee.
      Diablo, with her light 1/4" sides is rated by Phil for 25 HP, so I
      think your motor would be perfect.

      See ya' soon for some serious houseboating and TIMSing.

      Bruce Hector