Re: [bolger] Re: TIMS Towboat ready for launch!

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
      I'm beginning to wish I had room in the car to load up my motor for us to
      play with... My advice is to build it with a 15" transom and about 10
      degrees of rake, so just about any motor will work.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bell" <smallboatdesigner@m...>
        wrote: I'm beginning to wish I had room in the car to load up my
        motor for us to play with... My advice is to build it with a 15"
        transom and about 10 degrees of rake, so just about any motor will
        work.

        Close Jim,

        I copied my Diablo's transom, she ended up with a 14" rise and about
        a 15 degree rake. The motor board is identical too, a slab of 2 by 8
        epoxied to the 1/2 inch transom and a hefty 1" plywood transom knee.
        Diablo, with her light 1/4" sides is rated by Phil for 25 HP, so I
        think your motor would be perfect.

        See ya' soon for some serious houseboating and TIMSing.

        Bruce Hector